AED/FIRST AID SUPPLIES
- AED’s and First Aid Supplies are located at the Chastain Park, Sarah Smith and St. John’s locations
- All coaches have access to supplies. Closets should be open during games.
Provide the following information when calling 911:
- Give the dispatcher the name of the closest access street (ie: West Wieuca for the upper fields; Lake Forrest Road for the lower fields)
- Make sure all Emergency Access routes are not blocked
- Have a volunteer meet EMS at the entrance of the park to direct them to the correct location
ANY PLAYER THAT LOSES CONSIOUSNESS OR IS SUSPECTED OF SUFFERING A CONCUSSION WILL BE REMOVED FROM PLAY IMMEDIATELY AND NOT BE ALLOWED TO RETURN TO PLAY.
Heat cramps→Heat exhaustion→Heat stroke
Heat illness progresses very quickly. If a player is suspected to be suffering from heat cramps or exhaustion: remove from play, give small, slow sips of fluids and monitor closely. The first aid kit located at Wilkin’s Field will have cooling blankets for any athlete or spectator suspected of suffering from heat exhaustion.