NYO Boys Basketball Families,
Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a great holiday break and is looking forward to tipping off the NYO boys basketball regular season this week.
As we prepare for the upcoming games, please take a few moments to review the IMPORTANT INFORMATION listed below.
1. Games begin this week for all leagues. All games will be played at NYO or Galloway.
2. We will begin games with a “No Fans” rule in place. If we are able to progress to allowing fans at games, we will send an email blast letting everyone know. At this time, fans will not be permitted at games.
3. All games will be live streamed. More information on the live stream process will be released in a separate email communication.
4. We will need one volunteer from each team (outside of your coaches) for each game. These volunteers will operate the clock and keep the scorebook. If you have not already, you will receive a Sign Up Genius from your league coordinator to sign-up for this role.
5. Coaches will be required to wear a mask during games.
6. Players should wear a mask to and from games. It is not required for players to wear a mask during the game, however, they are welcome to do so.
7. We have added gaps in the game schedule to keep games on track and alleviate crowds during transitions as much as possible. Please do not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled game time. Once a game is over, coaches and players should leave immediately.
8. There will be no post game handshake line. Teams should show sportsmanship after the game by waving to the opposing team from their bench area.
9. Basketballs being used for games will be sanitized between quarters & games.
10. Bench chairs will be spaced out on the sidelines to socially distance coaches and players on bench.
We appreciate everyone’s support and understanding!
NYO Boys Basketball