Weather & Field Status Update
Currently All Fields are OPEN
West Wieuca is closed between Dudley and the 4 way stop at Lake Forrest due to the sinkhole. Plan accordingly until that section is re-opened.
Standing rule: Coaches are advised to stay off fields if they are wet from the rain so that we can allow our new grass to take hold. Please avoid repetitive drlls in the same areas of the fields.
As always, cages are open, but do not use them in the event of rain, lightning or dangerous, frigid or sloppy conditions. Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thank You Team Sponsors!
65°F, Windchill: 65°F
Wind: 14 mph NE
Visibility: 0 mi
pressure: 30.19 in rising
Sunrise: 7:24 am
Sunset: 7:32 pm
Hi: 78°F, Low: 58°F
Hi: 79°F, Low: 60°F
Hi: 81°F, Low: 63°F
Hi: 81°F, Low: 62°F
Hi: 81°F, Low: 63°F
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan for NYO's Fields at Chastain Park.
* All play or practice is suspended
* All players, coaches, umpires, officials and spectators should leave the field and seek shelter immediately!
Move to a sturdy enclosed structure or a fully enclosed vehicle with the windows rolled up. No place is absolutely safe from a lightning threat, however some places are safer than others. Stay away from:
* Fields, common areas and any area of higher elevation.
* Tall isolated objects, such as flag poles, light poles or trees.
* All metal fences, bleachers and batting cages.
* Unprotected open sided buildings like dugouts, picnic pavilions, rain shelters, tents, or any covered rest area.
* All water and water fountains.
Safety is the number one consideration - common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.
Parents dropping off unattended children should have a safety plan in place for their child.
Do not return until the all clear is sounded – 3 quick 5 second horn blasts.
NOTE – For offsite NYO games or practices, umpires and coaches should follow the same safety guidelines if they hear thunder or see lightning. Play or practice shall not be resumed until there has been a minimum all clear period of 20 minutes – again common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.